Day 1. UB – Bayan Gobi sand dunes & Camel riding
At 8am, you will meet your tour guide in your hotel lobby, and then drive to Bayan Gobi, which is covered by sand dunes with willow trees, streams and bushes, and appear as a small desert in the center of the country. This desert landscape is 80km long and the widest part of the sand dune is 9-10 km.
Check-in and lunch at tourist Ger camp near to the sand dunes.
In the afternoon, we will visit a local camel herder family in their Ger (yurt) and explore their daily nomadic life of way.
The sand dunes are the perfect place for Bactrian camel riding. After becoming familiar with the equipment and the basics of riding a camel, explore the sand dunes atop these beautiful animals. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world.
You also have the opportunity to explore the sand dunes on foot instead of the camel ride.
Return to the Ger camp for dinner and time for relaxing.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 290km, ~5hrs.
Day 2. Karakorum & Erdenezuu Monastery – Lake Ugii
Following breakfast drive to Kharkhorin – is a small village, and one of the country’s major tourist destinations and historically known as Karakorum city. Karakorum was once the capital of the Mongol Empire, which was the largest contiguous empire in the World history. In 1220, Karakorum was founded by Genghis Khan along the crossroads of the Silk Road. The city flourished with wealth and culture, especially as artists and intellectuals were brought over from Europe to enhance the Eurasian capital.
After visited to the museum of Karakorum, the symbolic ruins of the ancient city, we will continue to visit the magnificent and the oldest Buddhist Monastery complex of Erdene Zuu surrounded by 108 stupas, which are built in the 16th century. The monastery is still active, and there are temple museums and buildings where monks live and pray. Here you can see interesting listen to monk chanting Buddhist sutras.
In the afternoon, we will take 1.5hrs drive to Ugii Lake. This fresh water lake is 5km wide, 7km long and surrounded by steppe natural zone. The lake has lots of water birds and fish including perches and pikes for fishing.
There are available to do optional activities based on your interest including hiking, swimming, kayaking and motor boat trip.
Dinner and overnight at tourist Ger camp near to the shore of the lake.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, boxed Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 160km, ~3.5hrs.
Day 3. Hustai National Park (Wild Horse Park)
After breakfast, at 8am depart for the Hustai National Park. This area is home to the Mongolia’s wild horse known as a Perzevalski horse (takhi). The national park features mountain and steppe and has 450 species of vascular plants, 200 of which are medicinal.
Check-in and lunch at Ger camp near to the national park and time for relaxing.
We will visit a small museum about the national park, wild horses and how they were reintroduced into the wild some years ago from European zoos.
The best time to observe these wild horses in their natural habitat is around 2-3hrs earlier than sunset, during they come down from mountains to stream for water. We will take a short drive and hiking to see the horses.
There is a great opportunity to take photos for these endangered horses. If you are lucky, you can see fox, deer, marmot, eagle and more wild animals. Besides of the wild animals you can find here beautiful sceneries of the Mongolian nature that features mountain and steppe.
Afterwards, return to the Ger camp for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 280km, ~5.5hrs.
Day 4. Bogd Khan Mt. National Park & Manzushir – Terelj N.P
Breakfast, at 9.30am we will continue our trip to Terelj National Park, which is the most visited and interesting a National Park with natural beauty, forested alpine mountains and interesting rock formations very well known
On the way, visit Bogd Khan Mt. National Park, which is one of the oldest protected areas, located in the south side of Ulaanbaatar. There are temple ruins in front of the national park, well known as Manzushir monastery, had over 20 temples and was once home to at least 300 monks but was destroyed in the 1930s. The main temple has been restored and converted into a small museum.
After explore the area, continue to Ger camp that is located in the most spectacular spot in Terelj national park.
Lunch and check-in at the Ger camp and time for relaxing. You can walk and hiking around the camp and watching wild flowers in summer season.
In the evening, we will visit a local nomad family and visit in their Ger (yurt) for experience firsthand how people live the country side, a lifestyle which has not changed for centuries. There you can talk with the family asking about their daily tasks to get an idea of how nomadic people alongside of their livestock.
Return to the Ger camp for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 210km, driving for ~4.5hrs.
Day 5. Terelj National Park trip – Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex – UB
Begin the day with explore the national park and visit Turtle Rock, a natural interesting rock formation looking like a turtle.
Continue to visit a Buddhist mediation temple with 108 stairs and a wire bridge, called Temple of Ariyabal. This temple surrounded by scenic mountains with massive rock formations. From the top, you can enjoy the breathtaking view overlooking the Terelj National Park. If you don’t interest to go up the stairs, you can do walking around and watching wild flowers.
After lunch at the Ger camp, return to the city. On the way, stop at Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex in Tsonjin boldog, which is the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. There are souvenir shops, small museum and some other monuments in the base structure. From here, visitors can walk up by stairs or take an elevator to a deck on horse’s head and see good panorama view over the complex area.
Arrive in the city and transferred to your hotel around 6pm.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 110km, ~3.5hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 1485 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 895 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 760 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 680 pp|
|5 persons & up||US$ 650 pp|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
- Best Tourist Ger camps – 4 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 4, Lunch: 5 and Dinner: 4
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Complementary drink water during the tour (2x per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- A deposit 20% of total cost is required to confirm this trip! Balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September