Day 1. Flight to Gobi Desert – Bayanzag (flaming cliffs)
In the early morning, you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the city airport for a morning flight to the Gobi Desert. The flight takes 1.5 hours to reach at the local airport of Dalanzadgad.
The Gobi Desert is one of the most popular travel routes in Mongolia, the habitat of the rarest animals and a unique natural landscape. The area is often imagined as a lifeless desert like in many other parts of the world. In reality, most part of the Gobi Desert is a land of steppes, sands, mountains and it is the home for camel breeders rich with wildlife and vegetation.
Upon arrival, your Gobi a local tour guide and private a driver will be waiting for you and holding a greeting sign with our logo.
From the local airport, we will take 2hrs drive to the Bayanzag which is a famous for the first discovery of fossilized dinosaur eggs and dinosaur finds.
Check-in, lunch and time for refreshment at tourist camp near to the Bayanzag.
In the early evening, take a short drive to the legendary Flaming Cliffs, well known for red tall hillocks formed as a result of wind and water erosion which look like fire in the middle of the desert from distance at sunrise and sunset. It was here in 1923 that American expedition leaded by Dr. Roy Chapman Andrews found the first nest of dinosaurs eggs the world had ever seen. Their findings proved to the world that dinosaurs laid eggs.
Continue to explore the area. This valley is beautiful combination of Gobi landscape, dramatic formations of red tall hillocks, taluses, hills and some saxaul trees.
Return to the tourist camp for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 115km, ~2.5hrs.
Day 2. Moltsog sand dunes – Yol valley (Eagle valley)
Breakfast, at 9am we will drive to visit a local camel herder family in their Ger (yurt) near to the Moltsog sand dunes and explore their daily nomadic life of way.
The Moltsog sand dunes are one of the few regions of the Gobi covered by sand dunes. These stunning sand dunes are surrounded by saxual plant, bushes and willow trees.
The sand dunes are the perfect place for Bactrian camel riding. After becoming familiar with the equipment and the basics of riding a camel, explore the sand dunes atop these beautiful animals. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world.
You also have the opportunity to explore the area on foot instead of the camel ride.
After check-in and lunch at Ger camp, continue to explore the Gobi and excursion to the Yol Valley. The valley is the one of the beautiful natural secrets in “Three Beauties of Gobi” Mt. National Park and surrounded deep canyon with high rocky cliffs and keeps some ice at the end of a canyon until mid of July depending on warming.
Enjoy hiking through grassy meadows, small streams, long and narrow valley covered with wild flowers and Gobi plants. You may be lucky enough to spot wild sheep and goat, grazing high on the cliff walls. It takes over 2 hours for round way hiking through the valley and canyon. Don’t want to do hiking here, there are available to rent a bike and horse riding.
Return to the tourist camp for dinner and time for relaxing.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, boxed Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 120km, ~3.5hrs.
Day 3. Fly back to Ulaanbaatar – Hustai National Park (Wild Horse Park)
We will get up early and transferred to the local airport for morning fly back to Ulaanbaatar. Early this morning, maybe you will have chance to see how the sunrise in the Gobi.
On arrival at the city airport, we will depart for the Hustai National Park. This area is home to the Mongolia’s wild horse known as a Perzevalski horse (takhi). The national park features mountain and steppe and has 450 species of vascular plants, 200 of which are medicinal.
Check-in and lunch at tourist camp near to the national park and time for relaxing.
We will visit a small museum about the national park, wild horses and how they were reintroduced into the wild some years ago from European zoos.
The best time to observe these wild horses in their natural habitat is around 2-3hrs earlier than sunset, during they come down from mountains to stream for water. We will take a short drive and hiking to see the horses.
There is a great opportunity to take photos for these endangered horses. If you are lucky, you can see fox, deer, marmot, eagle and more wild animals. Besides of the wild animals you can find here beautiful sceneries of the Mongolian nature that features mountain and steppe.
Afterwards, return to the tourist camp for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 120km, ~3.5hrs.
Day 4. Terelj National Park trip
After relaxing breakfast, at 9.30am we will continue our trip to Terelj National Park, which is the most visited and interesting a National Park with natural beauty, forested alpine mountains and interesting rock formations very well known. On the way, stop at Ovoo – rock pile; used in worship of religion.
Check-in and lunch at tourist camp that is located in the most spectacular spot in the national park.
In the afternoon, we will explore the national park and visit Turtle Rock, a natural interesting rock formation looking like a turtle.
Continue to visit a Buddhist mediation temple with 108 stairs and a wire bridge, called Temple of Ariyabal. This temple surrounded by scenic mountains with massive rock formations. From the top, you can enjoy the breathtaking view overlooking the Terelj National Park. If you don’t interest to go up the stairs, you can do walking around and watching wild flowers in summer season.
Dinner and overnight at the tourist camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 180km, driving for ~4hrs.
Day 5. Terelj – Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex – Ulaanbaatar
Free at leisure until lunch time at the tourist camp. You can do hiking and walking around the camp. Around the area is great for flower watching.
After lunch, we will take a short drive to visit “Genghis Khan Statue Complex” which is currently the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. There is a recreation area, restaurants, and souvenir shops occupy the base structure. From here, you can ascend to the head of the horse using an elevator. There you have a good panoramic view over the complex area and the scenery beyond.
Return to the city. Arrive at the hotel around 5pm.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 110km, ~3.5hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Tour Price: per person (pp)
|US$ 2085 pp
|US$ 1380 pp
|US$ 1175 pp
|US$ 1070 pp
|5 persons & up
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
- Best Tourist camps – 4 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 4, Lunch: 5 and Dinner: 4
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- Internal flights: + included all tax, free luggage allowance is 15kg
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Complementary drink water during the tour (3x per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance,
- Excess luggage charges – 1.5$ per kg for internal flights.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- A deposit 20% of total cost is required to confirm this trip! Balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September