Day 1. Elsen tasarkhai sand dunes – Karakorum
In the morning at 8 am, your guide and driver will pick you up and drive to the Karakorum. On the way we will stop at tourist camp for lunch near the Elsen tasarkhai magnificent sand dunes – surrounded by hills with willow trees, streams and bushes appear as a small desert in the center of the country.
The sand dunes are the perfect place for camel riding. We will discover this magnificent place on camelback. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world.
Continue driving to Kharkhorin – is a small village and one of the country’s major tourist destinations and historically known as Karakorum which was an ancient capital of Mongolia Empire. Upon arrival in the village, we will stay at a tourist camp near Erdene-Zuu and other attractions. Have dinner and overnight at the camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 360km, ~6hrs.
Day 2. Karakorum & Erdene Zuu monastery – Orkhon waterfall
In the morning, we will visit the museum of Karakorum and learn about the beautiful ancient Karakorum capital city. Then we will visit the magnificent and the oldest Buddhist Monastery complex of Erdenezuu, built in the 16th century, with 108 stupas. Here you can see interesting listen to monk chanting Buddhist sutras.
After lunch, drive towards to Orkhon waterfall – is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Central Mongolia. The height of the waterfall is about 20m (65 feet). The waterfall is located in a beautiful Orkhon river valley with volcanic rocks which listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Sites for its historical value related to Great Mongolian Empire. The area is ideal for fishing, horse riding, cycling and photography. Dinner and overnight at the camp near the waterfall.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 136km, ~4hrs.
Day 3. Tuvkhun Monastery – Hugnu Khan Mt. National Park
In the morning, we will drive to Tuvkhun Monastery, which was built in 1654 by Saint Zanabazar who was a great sculptor and one of the biggest representatives of Buddhism in Mongolia. The monastery is located on the densely forested and picturesque Rocky Mountain at an elevation of 2000m above sea level. Today there is a special formation of rocks which are called womb and cradle, symbolizing rebirth, besides 4 temples and 2 stupas. Several monks live at the monastery year around.
On the way, we will enjoy visiting the local nomad family to experience firsthand how people live in the countryside, a lifestyle which has not changed for centuries. Here you can help the herders with their daily tasks to get an idea of how nomadic people alongside their livestock. There is we can taste Airag, which is made horse fermented milk.
After lunch at Tuvkhun, we will drive to Hugnu Khan National Park – It is a picturesque area of the Rocky Mountains, semi-desert, Gobi sand dunes and steppes all in one location represents three different natural zones. There is ideal for hiking, wildlife observation, and photography.
There we will visit Uvgun Monastery in the national park through the semi-desert and the interesting Rocky Mountains in beautiful Mountain View.
Dinner and overnight at the tourist camp in the national park.
Accommodation: Tourist camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Total distance: 246km, ~6hrs.
Day 4. Hustai National Park (Wild Horse Park) – Ulaanbaatar
In the morning, we will drive to the Hustai National Park. This area is home to the Mongolian wild horse known as Przewalski horse (takhi) with a unique landscape that features mountain and steppe.
After lunch at Hustai tourist camp, we will visit the small Ger museum about the national park and wild horse. The takhi and marmots are easy to see around 2-3hrs earlier than a sunset when they come down from mountains for water to stream.
Then we will take short drive and hiking to see the horses in their natural habitat. Seeing these truly wild horses which numbered in the hundreds of thousands of years ago, will make you feel like you have traveled thousands of years back in time. There is a great opportunity to take a photo of these endangered horses. After to see the wild horses, we will take a 2hrs drive to Ulaanbaatar and arrive in the hotel at 7 pm.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 300km, ~ 6km
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 1460 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 865 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 690 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 600 pp|
|5 persons & up||INQUIRE|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist camps – 3 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 3, Lunch: 4 and Dinner: 3
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Camel riding – 1 hour,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (2x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- A deposit 20% of total cost is required to confirm this trip! Balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September