Day 1. Bayan Gobi sand dunes & Camel riding
At 8am, you will meet your tour guide in your hotel lobby, and then drive to Bayan Gobi, which is covered by sand dunes with willow trees, streams and bushes, and appear as a small desert in the center of the country. This desert landscape is 80km long and the widest part of the sand dune is 9-10 km.
Check-in and lunch at tourist Ger camp near to the sand dunes.
In the afternoon, we will visit a local camel herder family in their Ger (yurt) and explore their daily nomadic life of way.
The sand dunes are the perfect place for Bactrian camel riding. After becoming familiar with the equipment and the basics of riding a camel, explore the sand dunes atop these beautiful animals. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world.
You also have the opportunity to explore the sand dunes on foot instead of the camel ride.
Return to the Ger camp for dinner and time for relaxing.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 290km, ~5hrs.
Day 2. Karakorum & Erdenezuu Buddhist Monastery – Lake Ugii
Following breakfast drive to Kharkhorin – is a small village, and one of the country’s major tourist destinations and historically known as Karakorum city. Karakorum was once the capital of the Mongol Empire, which was the largest contiguous empire in World history. In 1220, Karakorum was founded by Genghis Khan along the crossroads of the Silk Road. The city flourished with wealth and culture, especially as artists and intellectuals were brought over from Europe to enhance the Eurasian capital.
After a visit to the museum of Karakorum, the symbolic ruins of the ancient city, we will continue to visit the magnificent and the oldest Buddhist Monastery complex of Erdene Zuu surrounded by 108 stupas, which are built in the 16th century. The monastery is still active, and there are temple museums and buildings where monks live and pray. Here you can see interesting listen to monk chanting Buddhist sutras.
In the afternoon, we will take a 1.5hrs drive to Ugii Lake. This freshwater lake is 5km wide, 7km long and surrounded by steppe natural zone. The lake has lots of water birds and fish including perches and pikes for fishing.
There are available to do optional activities based on your interest including hiking, swimming, kayaking, and motorboat trip.
Dinner and overnight at tourist Ger camp near to the shore of the lake.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 160km, ~3.5hrs.
Day 3. Hustai National Park (Wild Horse Park)
After breakfast, at 8 am depart for the Hustai National Park. This area is home to Mongolia’s wild horse known as a Przewalski horse (takhi). The national park features mountain and steppe and has 450 species of vascular plants, 200 of which are medicinal.
Check-in and lunch at Ger camp near to the national park and time for relaxing.
We will visit a small museum about the national park, wild horses and how they were reintroduced into the wild some years ago from European zoos.
The best time to observe these wild horses in their natural habitat is around 2-3hrs earlier than sunset, during they come down from mountains to stream for water. We will take a short drive and hiking to see the horses.
There is a great opportunity to take photos of these endangered horses. If you are lucky, you can see fox, deer, marmot, eagle and more wild animals. Besides of the wild animals, you can find here beautiful sceneries of the Mongolian nature that features mountain and steppe.
Afterward, return to the Ger camp for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Total distance: 280km, ~5hrs.
Day 4. Ulaanbaatar & optional city tour
After relaxing breakfast, at 10 am return to the city. On arrival in the city, we will have lunch at local restaurant.
In the afternoon, we will do a half day city tour based on your interest and covering 3 stops from below sightseeing and attractions:
1. Gandan Buddhist Monastery,
2. Sukhbaatar square & Parliament House,
3. National Museum of Mongolian History,
4. Zanabazar Fine Art Museum
5. Choijin Lama Temple Museum
6. International Intellectual Museum
7. Bogd Khan Palace Museum
8. Zaisan Hill WWII monument,
Afterward, transfer to your hotel. End of service.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 100km, ~ 2.5km
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 1160 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 720 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 595 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 550 pp|
|5 persons & up||US$ 530 pp|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist Ger camps – 3 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 3, Lunch: 4 and Dinner: 3
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Camel riding – 1 hour,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (2x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- A deposit 20% of total cost is required to confirm this trip! Balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September