Day 1. Bayan Gobi sand dunes & Camel riding
At 8am, you will meet your tour guide in your hotel lobby, and then drive to Bayan Gobi, which is covered by sand dunes with willow trees, streams and bushes, and appear as a small desert in the center of the country. This desert landscape is 80km long and the widest part of the sand dune is 9-10 km.
Check-in and lunch at tourist camp near to the sand dunes.
In the afternoon, we will visit a local camel herder family in their Ger (yurt) and explore their daily nomadic life of way.
The sand dunes are the perfect place for Bactrian camel riding. After becoming familiar with the equipment and the basics of riding a camel, explore the sand dunes atop these beautiful animals. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world.
You also have the opportunity to explore the sand dunes on foot instead of the camel ride.
Return to the camp for dinner and time for relaxing.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 290km, ~5hrs.
Day 2. Orkhon valley and Orkhon waterfall
Today we will travel to across vast grassy plains, interspersed with basalt rocks and meandered rivers. Our slow progress on the damaged track leaves us plenty of time to observe the different scenes of nomadic life. Orkhon Valley recognized as a “Cultural Landscape” of the UNESCO World Heritage in 2004, was the center of preceding nomadic empires for centuries and had attracted humankind since Paleolithic times. Orkhon waterfall was formed by volcanic eruption and earthquakes some 20000 years ago. The Waterfall cascades down from a height 27 meters.
Once we come, we will check in and have lunch.
In the afternoon, we will do hiking to waterfall and explore around the nature.
A short walk through the canyon to the foot of the waterfall is worth seeing.
Dinner and overnight at tourist camp near to the shore of the lake.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, boxed Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 190km, ~4.5hrs.
Day 3. Tsenkher Hot Spring, Khangai Mountains
Breakfast, at 9am drive towards through forested mountain road to the beautiful valley of Tsenkher, which is the some of the lushest countryside in Mongolia with green forested mountains and meandering rivers.
There is famous Tsenkher hot spring that reaches +86.5″C, supposed to have curative properties for arthritic joints and other ailments.
Check-in, lunch at tourist camp and time for relaxing. There are you can do hike and walking around the camp for watching wild flowers. Have a relaxed evening taking a hot bath in the hot spring water. Stay overnight in the tourist camp at Tsenkher hot spring.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 80km, driving for ~3.5hrs.
Day 4. Tsetserleg – Taikhar Chuluu
Today our tour will continue towards to Taikar Rock, which is a massive granite rock located on the banks of the Tamir River surrounding flat country. It’s covered with 150 writings in many different languages and dating back from many different periods.
On the way, we will visit Tsetserleg town, which is the capital of Arkhangai province with population of around 20,000. Tsetserleg means garden and the city ringed by scenic mountains, the streets are tree-lined and a lovely little temple overlooks the town.
In the evening, we will visit a local nomad family and visit in their Ger (yurt) for experience firsthand how people live the country side, a lifestyle which has not changed for centuries. There you can talk with the family asking about their daily tasks to get an idea of how nomadic people alongside of their livestock.
Dinner and overnight at the tourist camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 60km, driving for ~2.5hrs.
Day 5. Karakorum – Hugnu Khan Mt. National Park
Following breakfast drive to Kharkhorin – is a small village, and one of the country’s major tourist destinations and historically known as Karakorum city. Karakorum was once the capital of the Mongol Empire, which was the largest contiguous empire in the World history. In 1220, Karakorum was founded by Genghis Khan along the crossroads of the Silk Road. The city flourished with wealth and culture, especially as artists and intellectuals were brought over from Europe to enhance the Eurasian capital.
After visited to the museum of Karakorum, the symbolic ruins of the ancient city, we will continue to visit the magnificent and the oldest Buddhist Monastery complex of Erdene Zuu surrounded by 108 stupas, which are built in the 16th century. The monastery is still active, and there are temple museums and buildings where monks live and pray. Here you can see interesting listen to monk chanting Buddhist sutras.
In the afternoon, we will take 2hrs drive to Hugnu Khan Mt. National Park which is a picturesque area of Rocky Mountains, semi desert, Gobi sand dunes and steppes all in one location represents three different natural zones. There is ideal for hiking, wild life observation and photography. Explore the area and hiking to see a small local monastery surrounded semi-desert and interesting Rocky Mountains in beautiful Mountain View.
Dinner and overnight at tourist camp near to the national park.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 230km, driving for ~4hrs.
Day 6. Hustai National Park (Wild Horse Park) – Ulaanbaatar
Breakfast, at 9am depart for the Hustai National Park. This area is home to the Mongolia’s wild horse known as a Perzevalski horse (takhi). The national park features mountain and steppe and has 450 species of vascular plants, 200 of which are medicinal.
After lunch, we will visit a small museum about the national park, wild horses and how they were reintroduced into the wild some years ago from European zoos.
In the afternoon, we will take a short drive and hiking to see the horses. There is a great opportunity to take photos for these endangered horses. If you are lucky, you can see fox, deer, marmot, eagle and more wild animals. Besides of the wild animals you can find here beautiful sceneries of the Mongolian nature that features mountain and steppe.
Afterwards, we will take a drive for around 2.5hrs return to the city and transferred to your hotel.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 350km, ~6.5hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 2123 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 1230 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 990 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 870 pp|
|5 persons & up||INQUIRE|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist camps – 5 nights,
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 5, Lunch: 6 and Dinner: 5
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Complementary drink water during the tour,
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Travel insurance
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- A deposit 20% of total cost is required to confirm this trip! Balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September