Day 1. Ulaanbaatar – Eastern Mongolia & Genghis city
At 8am, you will meet your tour guide in your hotel lobby, and then drive to Genghis city, Khentii province of Eastern Mongolia. Khentii province is the birthplace of the Great Emperor Chinggis Khaan and situated in a region of great natural beauty with rolling steppe and forested Mountain.
Lunch and check-in at the hotel local hotel and time for relaxing.
After some personal refreshment, we will explore the town and visit a local museum.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Accommodation: Local Hotel. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 335km, ~5.5hrs.
Day 2. Dadal village & Birth place of Genghis Khan
After breakfast, we will travel through wide open steppes and forested mountains to the Dadal village for
where famous for being the place of birth of the greatest leader of Mongolia, Genghis Khan. This area is a gorgeous natural reserve where you can have a rest enjoying the lakes around, rivers and forests.
On the way, we will visit authentic local nomad a family and visit in their Ger (yurt) for experience firsthand how people live the country side, a lifestyle which has not changed for centuries. There you can talk with the family asking about their daily tasks to get an idea of how nomadic people alongside of their livestock.
End of the day, we will reach at tourist Ger camp near to the Dadal village.
Dinner and overnight at the tourist Ger camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 270km, ~6hrs.
Day 3. Historic places of Genghis Khan
Today we will visit there several historical sites such as Deluun Boldog and Khajuu springs. Deluun boldog is a low hill where Genghis Khan was born. Nearby is a small flowing spring called Khajuu Bulag and is the location of where Genghis Khan was bathed after birth.
Also, we will explore the small village which major township of the Buryats ethnic group. The town is made up mainly of neatly maintained log cabins.
Stay overnight at the tourist Ger camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 15km
Day 4. Rashaan Khad – Baldan bereeven
Breakfast, at 9am drive towards through forested mountain road to the Rashaam Khan via Binder Ovoo along the way. We will explore the rock writings at Rashaan Had Rock with numerous carvings and paintings depicting animals and humans as well as carvings of several hundreds of ancient tribal seals and scripts. There we will relax on the banks of the Onon River, closely associated with the life of the Great Khan
Continue drive through a series of beautiful valleys and visit Baldan Bereeven Monastery. The monastery was established in 1777 and formerly one of the country’s most important monasteries, was home to 8000 lamas ay one time. Now, the monastery includes three restored temples and nearly 50 remains of temples, stupas and other religious structures.
Afterwards, take one-hour drive to tourist Ger camp for dinner and stay overnight.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 240km, ~6hrs.
Day 5. Blue Lake (Khar Zurkhnii Khukh Nuur)
Following breakfast depart for Khar Zurkhnii Khukh Nuur, which is meaning “Blue Lake of Black Heart Mountain”. Area around the lake is a place of natural beauty surrounded by a mountain and is abundant of various species of animal and vegetation. In this place Temuujin was enthroned as a king of united tribes of Mongolia and titled as “Genghis Khaan” which means Oceanic Great King in 1189. On a bank of the lake there is a monument dedicated to Genghis khan and woodcrafts of 36 royal or golden lineage kings were placed.
After check-in and lunch at Ger camp near to the lake, we will explore the area and visit a monument dedicated to 800 years’ birth anniversary of Genghis Khaan.
Dinner and overnight at the Ger camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 80km, ~3hrs.
Day 6. Genghis Khan’s Statue complex – Ulaanbaatar
Today, we will return to the city. On the way, we will stop for lunch and visit Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex – the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. There are souvenir shops, small museum and some other monuments in the base structure. From here, visitors use an elevator or walk to the head of the horse through chest and back neck of the horse, where they can have farseeing and good panorama view over the complex area.
We will arrive in the city around 4pm and transferred to your hotel.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 210km, ~4.5hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 1960 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 1160 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 940 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 840 pp|
|5 persons & up||INQUIRE|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin/double share:
Local Hotel in Genghis city – 1 night
Best Tourist Ger camps – 4 nights
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 5, Lunch: 6 and Dinner: 5
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Complementary drink water during the tour (2x per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Travel insurance
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- A deposit 20% of total cost is required to confirm this trip! Balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September