Day 1. Ulaanbaatar – Terelj National Park Trip & Horse riding
- Pick up from your hotel at 9am.
- Drive to Terelj – the most visited and interesting National Park.
- On the way, stop at Ovoo – rock pile; used in worship of religion
- Explore the national park and visit Turtle Rock formation – the symbol of the National Park
- Continue to visit the Ariyabal meditation temple – sits at the top of the mountain.
- After lunch at tourist Ger camp, we will be visiting local nomad family – experience nomadic life and enjoy tasting dairy products.
- We will explore the national park from horse back. Mongolia is the best destination for horse riding trip and especially Terelj national park is the best recommended place for this experience. After given preliminary instructions, orientation about horse riding, we will discover around nature from horseback for 2-3hrs.
- Dinner and overnight at Ger camp.
Accommodation: Ger camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 80km, ~3hrs.
Day 2. Hiking to Tsetsee Gun, a peak of Bogdkhan Mt. National Park
- After breakfast, take a short drive to Manzushir Monastery – located in Bogd Khan Mt. National Park
- A visit to the monastery – was destroyed by communists in 1937, the new temple is built and serves as a museum.
- Explore around sightseeing – including large boiling kettle, religious images carved in the rock.
- Hiking for 3 hrs head to Tsetsee Gun (2258m above sea level) peak of Bogd Khan Mt. National Park.
- Have packed lunch on the way.
- Continue hiking and reach at Tsetseee Gun peak, 30 min free time for resting,
- Hiking for 2 hrs return down to Manzushir
- Return back to UB and transfer to the hotel around 6pm.
Meals: Breakfast, Packed Lunch. Total distance: 130km, ~3.5hrs.
ATTRACTIONS & HIGHLIGHTS
Terelj National Park is one of the most visited and interesting national parks of Mongolia. It is connected to Ulaanbaatar by a paved road with a 70km.The National Park is by its natural beauty, forested alpine mountains and interesting rock formations (Massive wool-sack weather conditions) very well known.
Highlights: Turtle Rock, Meditation temple Ariyabal and visit local nomadic families. During the summer there are great opportunities for hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, flower and bird watching.
– Turtle Rock, or called Melkhi Khad by the locals, is an interesting rock formation looking like a turtle. This giant rock formation is a popular spot for visitors to the area. There are you can ride a camel or travel on horseback around scenic nature.
– The Ariyabal meditation temple is situated in the scenic area of Terelj National Park, 3 km from Turtle Rock. Buddhist Monks perform meditation, ritual for many years amongst beautiful and tranquil mountains. The temple is surrounded by scenic mountains with interesting rock formations and sits on top of the mountain. The entrance of the gate is accessible by car, hiking or on horseback. The distance between the gate and the actual temple is about 1 km and it is only accessible by walking. To get to the top, you would cross the suspension bridge and climb up on 108 stairs, according to Buddhist prayer beads. This small hike is seen as a ritual to cleanse one’s sins. The temple, when observed from a distance, can be seen as a beautiful white elephant and the staircase looks as if the dangling elephant’s trunk. From the top, you can enjoy the breathtaking view overlooking the Terelj National Park.
– Visiting nomadic family– You can enjoy visiting the nomad family to experience firsthand how people live in the countryside, a lifestyle which has not changed for centuries. Here you can help the herders with their daily tasks to get an idea of how nomadic people along side of their livestock.
Manzshir Monastery is located in the strictly protected area of the Bogd Khan Mountain National Park. The monastery had over 20 temples and was once home to at least 300 monks, but was destroyed in the 1930s. The main temple has been restored and converted into a museum. The site is composed of a hundred or so granite rocks, broken away from the mountain and scattered in the forest.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 590 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 355 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 285 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 245 pp|
|5 persons & up||US$ 225 pp|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist Ger camp – 1 night,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 1, Lunch: 2 and Dinner: 1
- All relevant transfers and transportation by private vehicle,
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Horse riding (2-3hrs),
- Hiking poles,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (3x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September