Day 1. UB – Hugnu Khan Mt. National park & visit a nomadic family
Pick up from your hotel at 9 am. Drive to Hugnu Khan National Park – It is a picturesque area of the Rocky Mountains, semi-desert, Gobi sand dunes and steppes all in one location represents three different natural zones. There is ideal for hiking, wildlife observation, and photography.
After lunch, take a short drive to Uvgun Monastery in the national park through the semi-desert and the interesting Rocky Mountains in beautiful Mountain View.
In the late afternoon, we will visit a local nomadic family and meet nomads, explore their nomadic lifestyle which has not changed for centuries.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 280km, ~4.5hrs.
Day 2. Elsen tasarkhai sand dunes – Karakorum – Ugii Lake
After breakfast, short drive to Elsen tasarkhai magnificent sand dunes – surrounded by hills with willow trees, streams and bushes, appear as a small desert in the center of the country. This sand dune is 80km long and the widest part of the sand dune is 9-10 km.
The sand dunes are the perfect place for camel riding. We will discover this magnificent place on camelback. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world.
Continue driving to Karakorum and Erdenezuu Monastery. After lunch, we will visit the museum of Karakorum and the symbolic ruins of the ancient city of Mongol Empire, which was the largest contiguous empire in World history. This city founded by Great king Genghis Khan in the 13th century and later was moved to Khanbalig (modern Beijing) by Kublai Khan, greatest of the successors of Genghis Khan and founder of the Mongol (Yuan) dynasty in China.
Also visit the magnificent and the oldest Buddhist Monastery complex of Erdene Zuu, built in the 16th century, with 108 stupas. Here you can see interesting listen to monk chanting Buddhist sutras.
After exploring the monastery, we will drive to Ugii Lake – is located up 1337m from the ocean level and it is a pure water steppe lake, which is 7.9km long, 5km wide. There are 14 kinds of fishes in Ugii Lake and there are fishery effective fishes. Also, this beautiful lake is home to 144 kinds of birds. Stay overnight at tourist Ger camp near the lake.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 80km, ~1.5hrs.
Day 3. Hustai National Park – Ulaanbaatar
At 8 am, we drive back to Ulaanbaatar. On the way, we will visit Hustai National Park. This area is home to the Mongolian wild horse known as Przewalski horse (takhi) with a unique landscape that features mountain and steppe.
After lunch at Hustai camp, we will visit a small Information center about the wild horse Takhi. Then we will take a short drive to see for wild horse Takhi. There is a great opportunity to take a photo of these endangered horses. If you are lucky, you can see fox, deer, roe deer, eagle, and more animals and birds…
After to see the wild horses, we will take a 2hrs drive to Ulaanbaatar and arrive in the hotel at 6 pm.
Meal: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 380km, ~6.5hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 860 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 515 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 440 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 385 pp|
|5 persons & up||US$ 350 pp|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist Ger camps – 2 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 2, Lunch: 3 and Dinner: 2
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Camel riding – 1 hour,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (2x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September