Day 1. Ulaanbaatar – Blue Lake (Khar Zurkhnii Khukh Nuur)
- Your tour guide and driver pick you up from your hotel lobby at 9 am and drive out of the city to Khar Zurkhnii Khukh Nuur, which is meaning “Blue Lake of Black Heart Mountain”. The area around the lake is a place of natural beauty surrounded by a mountain and is abundant of various species of animal and vegetation. In this place, Temuujin was enthroned as a king of united tribes of Mongolia and titled as “Genghis Khan” which means Oceanic Great King in 1189. On a bank of the lake, there is a monument dedicated to Genghis Khan and woodcrafts of 36 royal or golden lineage kings were placed.
- After check-in and lunch at tourist camp near to the lake, we will explore the area.
- Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 220km, ~4.5hrs.
Day 2. Gun Galuut Natural Reserve
- After breakfast, we will drive to Gun Galuut National Park- the harmonized complex of high mountains, steppes, grasslands, rivers, lakes and wetlands.
- On the way, we will visit authentic local nomad a family and visit in their Ger (yurt) for experience firsthand how people live in the countryside, a lifestyle which has not changed for centuries. There you can talk with the family asking about their daily tasks to get an idea of how nomadic people alongside their livestock.
- Check-in and lunch at Steppe Nomads tourist camp.
- In the, you will have optional activities as stated below.
– Hiking around the Camp and to the Kherlen River.
– Biking around the area.
– Horse riding
– Rafting and Kayaking in the Kherlen River
– A trip to see Wild Sheep by car (2-3hrs), bike (4hrs) and horse riding (3-3.5hrs).
• Dinner and overnight at the tourist camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 125km, ~3.5hrs.
Day 3. Genghis Khan’s Statue complex – Terelj National Park – Ulaanbaatar
- At 9 am, we will depart for Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex – the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. There are souvenir shops, a small museum and some other monuments in the base structure. From here, visitors use an elevator or walk to the head of the horse through the chest and back neck of the horse, where they can have farseeing and good panorama view over the complex area.
- From here, take a short drive to Terelj – the most visited and interesting National Park with natural beauty, forested alpine mountains, and interesting rock formations very well known.
- On the way, stop at Ovoo – rock pile; used in the worship of religion.
- After lunch at a tourist camp in the national park, we will explore the national park and visit Turtle Rock formation which is a symbol of the National Park.
- Continue to visit a Buddhist meditation temple with 108 stairs and a wire bridge, called Temple of Ariyabalo.
- Afterward, return to the city and transferred to the hotel around 7 pm.
Meal: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 200km, ~4.5hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 955 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 565 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 455 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 395 pp|
|5 persons & up||US$ 360 pp|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share: Best Tourist camps – 2 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 2, Lunch: 3 and Dinner: 2
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Camel riding ~1 hour,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (2x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September