Day 1. Flight to the Gobi – Bayanzag (flaming cliffs) – Moltsgog sand dunes
In the early morning, you will be transferred to the city airport for morning flight to Gobi Desert (~1.5 hours). Upon arrival, your Gobi tour guide and private driver will be waiting for you at the arrival hall and drive to the Bayanzag which is famous for the first discovery of fossilized dinosaurs.
Bayanzag is also well known for red tall hillocks formed as a result of wind and water erosion which look like fire in the middle of the desert from distance.
When we arrive at tourist camp, we will watch an interesting video about how Roy Chapman Andrews and American expedition discovered the first dinosaur eggs from Bayanzag and transferred dinosaur skeletons on the camelback through Gobi Desert. Their findings proved to the world that dinosaurs laid eggs. Then we will take a 5min drive to the Flaming Cliffs and wander on the red hillocks. We will find bones of dinosaurs around Bayanzag. White fossilized bones are still found nowadays. After exploring Bayanzag, we will take a short drive to the Tourist camp for lunch.
In the afternoon, we will enjoy visiting camel herder family in their Ger, explore their unique nomadic lifestyle. Its chance to try drinking Hormog (fermented Mongolian camel milk).
Next, we will explore Moltsog Els, is one of the few regions of the Gobi covered by sand dunes. These stunning sand dunes are surrounded by hills with willow trees, streams and bushes.
We will discover this magnificent place on camelback. Bet, you never rode a Bactrian camel, riding a Bactrian camel is much more comfortable than the camel in Sahara, India or anywhere else. Its two humps support you from both sides and easy pace will comfort you so much.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 140km, ~4hrs.
Day 2. Three beauties of Gobi Mt. National Park & Eagle Valley
If you get up early this morning, you will have a chance to see how the sunrise in the Gobi.
Today, your trip will continue to the Yol valley situated in “Three beauties of Gobi” Mt. National Park. Yol means Lammergeyer, one of the most endangered bird species of prey. The valley is notable for a deep ice field; it remains frozen for most of the year, except late summer.
After lunch at tourist camp, we will take a short drive to the valley and enjoy hiking through grassy meadows, small streams, long and narrow valley with sheltered by high cliff walls, sunlight bouncing off amazing rocks, covered with wildflowers and Gobi plants. You may be lucky enough to spot wild sheep and goat, grazing high on the cliff walls.
Dinner and overnight at tourist camp.
Accommodation: Tourist Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 150km, ~4hrs.
Day 3. Fly back to Ulaanbaatar & transfer to the hotel
In the early morning, transfer to the local airport for morning flight to Ulaanbaatar.
Upon arrival at the city airport, around 10 am, transferred to your hotel in Ulaanbaatar.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 1330 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 880 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 745 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 675 pp|
|5 persons & up||INQUIRE|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist camps – 2 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 2, Lunch: 2 and Dinner: 2
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- Internal flights: + included all tax, free luggage allowance is 15kg
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Camel riding – 1 hour,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (3x per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance,
- Excess luggage charges – 1.5$ per kg for internal flights.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September