Day 1. Flight to Northern Mongolia- Khovsgol Lake National Park
Today, you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the city airport for the flight to Murun, which is the center of the Northern Province.
Upon arrival, meet your local guide and transferred to the Khovsgol Lake, which is known as the Switzerland of Mongolia and second the clearest lake in Central Asia.
Take a 2 hours’ drive to the Khatgal village on the shore of the lake and explore the village’s life, the market and main port of the lake. On the way, we will see hundreds of grazing livestock and wildlife of northern region of Mongolia
Khovsgol province is home to the southernmost indigenous reindeer herding people (Tsaatan) in the world. Some of Tsaatan families came from remote Taiga at the summer camp near to the lake from June until end of August. Reindeer herders practice shamanism and live in teepees and moving around 5 times a year. We will meet reindeer herders and explore their daily life, custom and sacraments.
Check-in and dinner at Tourist camp, which is located near to the lake.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 140km, ~3.5hrs.
Day 2. Full day at Khovsgol Lake National Park
This morning, we will explore the national park from horse back. Mongolia is the best destination for horse riding trip and especially Khovsgol Lake is the best recommended place for this experience.
After given preliminary instructions, orientation about horse riding, we will discover around nature from horseback until lunch time.
In the afternoon is free time for you to be on your own. You can explore the surrounding hills and walking along the shore of the lake. The Lake water is well known for crystal clear blue and surrounded by beautiful lash green deep forest and magnificent mountains.
Also, there is a great opportunity to do hiking, kayaking, ride motor moat or just enjoy at wild nature to take photos.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 3. Fly back to Ulaanbaatar & transfer to the hotel
Early this morning, we will drive to the local airport in Murun town and take a return flight to Ulaanbaatar.
On the way, we will visit Uushig ancient Deer Stone Monument as another wonder of the Khuvsgul region. This is most clearly depicted deer stones left behind by bronze-age men. A deer, an arch, a shield, a horse, a knife, the moon, the sun and a mirror figured belt were engraved on the stones.
Upon arrival in the city airport, transferred to your hotel in the city. Your amazing Khovsgol Lake trip ends.
Meal: Breakfast. Total distance: 140km, ~3.5hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 1100 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 770 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 680 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 650 pp|
|5 persons & up||INQUIRE|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist Ger camps – 2 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 2, Lunch: 2 and Dinner: 2
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- Internal flights: + included all tax, free luggage allowance is 15kg
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Horse riding – 1 hour,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (2x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance,
- Excess luggage charges – 1.5$ per kg for internal flights.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September