Day 1. Flight to Northern Mongolia – Blue pearl Khuvsgul Lake
Today, we will take a flight to Murun, the center of Northern Province. Upon arrival at the local airport, we will drive to Khovsgol Lake, known as “The Dark Blue Pearl”. Lake Khovsgol is Mongolia’s largest and second-most voluminous freshwater lake in Asia and 1% of all the fresh water in the world. While we driving towards the Khovsgol Lake, we will see hundreds of grazing livestock and wildlife of northern region of Mongolia.
After lunch and check-in at the Ger camp, we will explore the Khovsgol Lake National Park. Relaxing free time offers us the opportunity to explore the surroundings, hiking in the surrounding hills, swimming in the lake and enjoy the natural beauty of the region. The Lake water is crystal clear blue so that you can see the bottom of the lake when you are sailing and this lake is surrounded by deep forest and magnificent mountains.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 130km, ~3hrs.
Day 2. Horse riding & visit Reindeer Herders
Khovsgol province is home to the southernmost indigenous reindeer herding people (Tsaatan) in the world. This day tour is not complete without a visiting to reindeer herders family.
In the morning, we will saddle our horses to explore the national park on horseback and ride to meet a reindeer herder family. Depending on your experience, an appropriate horse will be selected for you. Also, it’s available to drive, if you don’t want to do horse riding.
We will meet reindeer herders and explore their lifestyle, custom, and sacraments. Reindeer herders practice shamanism and live in teepees. They are the last reindeer herders who survived for thousands of years inhabiting the remotest subarctic taiga, moving between 5 and 10 times a year.
In the afternoon, it is free time for you to be on your own. There is a great opportunity to hiking, kayaking or just enjoy at wild nature to take photos. Also, you can ride motor-boat around the lake.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Day 3. Fly back to Ulaanbaatar & transfer to the hotel
This morning, transfer to the local airport for return flight to Ulaanbaatar. On the way, we will visit Khatgal village and explore the village’s life, market and main port of the lake.
Also, we will visit Uushig ancient Deer Stone Monument – as most clearly depicted deer stones in Mongolia. A deer, an arch, a shield, a horse, a knife, the moon, the sun and a mirror figured belt were engraved on the stones. Upon arrival in the city, your driver will be waiting for you at the arrival hall and transfer to the hotel. Your amazing Khovsgol Lake trip ends.
Meal: Breakfast. Total distance: 110km, ~2.5hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 990 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 720 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 630 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 590 pp|
|5 persons & up||INQUIRE|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist Ger camps – 2 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 2, Lunch: 2 and Dinner: 2
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- Internal flights: + included all tax, free luggage allowance is 15kg
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Horse riding – 1 hour,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (2x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance,
- Excess luggage charges – 1.5$ per kg for internal flights.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September