Day 1. Terelj National Park trip & Homestay with a nomad family
- Pick up from your hotel at 9am.
- Drive to Terelj – the most visited and interesting National Park.
- On the way, stop at Ovoo – rock pile; used in worship of religion.
- Explore the national park and visit Turtle Rock formation – it is an interesting rock formation looking like a turtle and the symbol of the National Park.
- Continue to visit the Ariyabal meditation temple – surrounded by scenic mountains with massive rock formations and sits on top of the mountain.
- Lunch at tourist Ger camp.
- In the afternoon, visit and stay with local nomad family, watch how they look after their animals and help them with daily workings
- Enjoy walking around, taking photos and watching wild flowers.
- Dinner and overnight at the nomad family.
Accommodation: In a separate Ger of Nomad family. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 80km, ~3hrs.
Day 2. Genghis Khaan’s Statue Complex – Kazakh family – UB
- After relaxing breakfast, take short drives to Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex – the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world.
- Explore the statue complex, have a good panoramic view from the top of the statue.
- Having lunch at a restaurant in the statue complex & Return back to UB
- On the way, visit Kazakh family in Nalaikh settlement.
- Explore the lifestyle of Kazakh family – ethnic minority, well known as hospitality. Kazakh Gers a famous for their elaborate & decorative nomadic dwellings furnished with beautiful wall-hangings which add to the warmth of the family environment.
- Drive back to Ulaanbaatar and transfer to the hotel at 6pm.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch. Total distance: 110km, ~3.5hrs.
ATTRACTIONS & HIGHLIGHTS
Terelj National Park is one of the most visited and interesting national parks of Mongolia. It is connected to Ulaanbaatar by a paved road with a 70km.The National Park is by its natural beauty, forested alpine mountains and interesting rock formations (Massive wool-sack weather conditions) very well known.
Highlights: Turtle Rock, Meditation temple Ariyabal and visit local nomadic families. During the summer there are great opportunities for hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, flower and bird watching.
– Turtle Rock, or called Melkhi Khad by the locals, is an interesting rock formation looking like a turtle. This giant rock formation is a popular spot for visitors to the area. There are you can ride a camel or travel on horseback around scenic nature.
– The Ariyabal meditation temple is situated in the scenic area of Terelj National Park, 3 km from Turtle Rock. Buddhist Monks perform meditation, ritual for many years amongst beautiful and tranquil mountains. The temple is surrounded by scenic mountains with interesting rock formations and sits on top of the mountain. The entrance of the gate is accessible by car, hiking or on horseback. The distance between the gate and the actual temple is about 1 km and it is only accessible by walking. To get to the top, you would cross the suspension bridge and climb up on 108 stairs, according to Buddhist prayer beads. This small hike is seen as a ritual to cleanse one’s sins. The temple, when observed from a distance, can be seen as a beautiful white elephant and the staircase looks as if the dangling elephant’s trunk. From the top, you can enjoy the breathtaking view overlooking the Terelj National Park.
– Visiting nomadic family– You can enjoy visiting the nomad family to experience firsthand how people live in the countryside, a lifestyle which has not changed for centuries. Here you can help the herders with their daily tasks to get an idea of how nomadic people along side of their livestock.
The Genghis Khan Statue Complex is currently the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. It is connected to Ulaanbaatar by a paved road with 54km.There is a recreation area, restaurants, and souvenir shops occupy the base structure. From here, visitors use an elevator or walk to the head of the horse through the chest and back neck of the horse, where they can have farseeing and good panorama view over the complex area.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 450 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 280 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 220 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 190 pp|
|5 persons & up||US$ 175 pp|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Homestay with a nomad family – 1 night,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 1, Lunch: 2 and Dinner: 1
- All relevant transfers and transportation by private vehicle,
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (2x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September