Ulaanbaatar Private City Tour
- In the morning at 9am, your private tour guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel lobby in Ulaanbaatar and our city tour starts with visiting “Gandan” monastery, which is Mongolia’s largest functioning Buddhist monastery including the Mongolian Buddhist University. The highlight of visiting to Gandan is a 26-meter-high majestic gilded indoor statue of Megjid Janraisig.
- Continue to visit the Museum of Mongolian National History – the museum presents Mongolian history and culture from prehistoric times to the present day.
- After lunch at Modern Nomads restaurant, visit Sukhbaatar square which lies at the heart of the city surrounded by important buildings such as government palace, banks and theaters and post office. There is an equestrian statue of Sukhbaatar and a massive Bronze statue of Genghis Khan with his four warriors in front of Parliament House.
- Next, visit Bogd Khan Palace Museum – the complex was a residence of 8th Bogd Javzandamba in the 19th century, the head of Mongolian religion. The palace consists of seven Summer Prayer temples and the winter palace.
- Afterwards, we will visit the Zaisan Memorial Hill is located in the south side of Ulaanbaatar City, right beside the Bogd Khan Mountain has a good view of the city and surrounding hills.
- Transfer to the hotel around 6pm.
ATTRACTIONS & HIGHLIGHTS
- The Gandan Monastery is the largest and most significant Tibetan-style monastery in Mongolia and one of Ulaanbaatar’s most interesting sights. . Built in the mid 19th century and it currently has over 200 monks in residence. The Migjid Janraisig Temple is an important part of Gandan Monastery. The temple houses feature a 26-meter-high majestic gilded statue of Migjid Janraisig.
- National Museum of Mongolian History – presents Mongolian history and culture from prehistoric times to the present day. Exhibitions cover prehistoric, pre-Mongol Empire history, Mongol Empire, Mongolia during Qing rule, ethnography and traditional life, and twentieth-century history. The ethnographic collection has significant displays of the traditional dress of various Mongolian ethnic groups and of snuff bottles.
- Genghis Khan’s Square & Parliament House – lies at the heart of the city surrounded by theaters, government buildings and banks. There is a bronze statue of Sükhbaatar astride his horse, who is a hero of the revolution, declared Mongolia’s final independence from the Chinese. The square now features. Another site of interest is the large construction site of massive bronze statues of Genghis Khan and his four warriors in front of Parliament House.
- Bogd Khan Palace Museum – The complex was built between 1893 and 1903 dedicated to the 8th Bogd Javzandamba, the head of Mongolian religion. The palace museum consists of seven Summer Prayer temples and the winter palace. The collections of the museum include unique and valuable objects related to Mongolia’s political, religious, and artistic history of the 17 to early 20-the centuries.
- Zaisan Hill – War Memorial Statue is located in the south side of Ulaanbaatar City, right beside the Bogd Khan Mountain has a good view of the city and surrounding hills. There are a 15 m high golden-yellow standing statue of Buddha besides the hill and a memorial statue on the top of the hill honoring soviet soldiers who fought against foreign invaders in the territory of Mongolia and Manchuria in 1939 – 1945.
Tour Price & Booking
|Tour Price: per person (pp)
|US$ 265 pp
|US$ 165 pp
|US$ 130 pp
|US$ 115 pp
|5 persons & up
|US$ 105 pp
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Hotel pick up and drop off with private a vehicle,
- Lunch at local restaurant,
- All entrance & sightseeing fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Complimentary drink water during the trip,
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September