Winter Adventure in Mongolia
In Mongolia, winter is the coldest and longest season. But, it’s beautiful with shiny white snow covers. It’s snowing across the country, but not heavy. Winter begins in early November and lasts about 110 days until March. Winter in Mongolia is a remarkable experience – especially as the Mongolians you meet will be very proud to welcome foreign visitors in wintertime. Mongolia’s winters are home to incredible landscapes for those who are prepared.
With this trip, you will explore the Mongolian winter wilderness by horse riding and dog sledding with a team of Siberian Huskies in Terelj National park. Learn to drive your own team and sledding in magical silence for 5km.
Day 01: Chinggis Khan’s statue – Terelj National Park
- At 9m, your tour guide and driver will pick you up from hotel lobby and heading to Chinggis Khan’s Statue Complex – the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. Explore the statue complex, have a good panoramic view from the top of the statue.
- Take a short drive the Terelj National Park, which is one of the most visited national parks in Mongolia. You can see the extraordinary formation of rocks and stones; some of them look quite similar to turtles.
- Upon arrival, check-in at Tourist Ger camp. It is a kind of hotel that serves guests with Ger (yurt) instead of a hotel room and always located at the best viewing spot.
- In the afternoon, we will explore the Terelj – the most visited and interesting National Park, enchanting Turtle Rock formation – it is an interesting rock formation looking like a turtle and the symbol of the National Park. Also enjoy hiking to Ariyabal meditation temple – surrounded by scenic mountains with massive rock formations and sits on top of the mountain.
- Return to the Ger camp for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 100km, ~3.5hrs.
Day 02: Dog Sledding & Horse riding in Terelj National Park – Ulaanbaatar
- After relaxing breakfast, at 10am, we will take a short drive to the dog sledding camp and take preliminary instructions, safety orientation about the dog sledding. With this trip, you will explore the Mongolian winter wilderness by dog sledding with a team of Siberian Huskies. Learn to drive your own team and sledding in magical silence.
- After around 30 minutes ride, stop at local nomadic family for lunch. Explore the nomadic lifestyle. End of the activity, we will do a horseback trip to start point.
- Also, there is a chance to climb 13m high ice wall to challenge yourself.
- Afterwards, return to the city and transferred to the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch. Total distance: 100km, driving for ~3hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 550 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 360 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 310 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 280 pp|
|5 persons & up||US$ 270 pp|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- English speaking tour guide at all times,
- Accommodations based on twin/triple occupancy;
-Tourist Ger camp in Terelj National Park – 1 night,
- All meals 4 as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast-1, Lunch-2, Dinner-1
- All relevant private transfers and transportation + Experienced driver,
- All sightseeing and entrance fees as described in the itinerary,
- Dog sledding in Terelj National park ~ 30minutes
- Horse riding in Terelj National Park ~ 40 minutes
- Complementary drink water during the tour,
- All service charges, local and government Taxes,
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September