Day 1. Flight to Gobi Desert – Bayanzag (Flaming cliffs)
In the early morning, you will be transferred to the city airport for morning flight to Gobi Desert (~1.5 hours).
Upon arrival, your local driver meets you and depart to the Bayanzag, which is famous for the first discovery of fossilized dinosaurs.
Bayanzag is also well known for red tall hillocks formed as a result of wind and water erosion which look like fire in the middle of the desert from distance.
When we arrive at Ger camp, we will watch an interesting video about how Roy Chapman Andrews and American expedition discovered the first dinosaur eggs from Bayanzag and transferred dinosaur skeletons on the camelback through Gobi Desert. Their findings proved to the world that dinosaurs laid eggs.
Then we will take a 5min drive to the Flaming Cliffs and wander on the red hillocks. We will find bones of dinosaurs around Bayanzag. White fossilized bones are still found nowadays. Return back ger camp and overnight.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 110km, ~3hrs.
Day 2. Khongor sand dunes, the biggest sand dunes in the Gobi desert
On this day, our trip will continue driving west to the extraordinary sand dunes of Khongor. This is one of the most scenic areas of Gobi. The dunes rise abruptly from the plain, in some places reaching a height of 300 meters, and extend over an area between 2-12 km in width and 180 km in length.
Upon we arrive, we will have lunch and relax at cozy Ger camp until Gobi hot temperature decrease.
In the evening, we will visit the camel herder family in their Ger, and explore their unique nomadic lifestyle. Its chance to try drinking Hormog (fermented Mongolian camel milk). Then we will ride a camel.
The Khongor Sand Dunes are the perfect place for camel riding. We will discover this magnificent place on camelback. Mongolia is home to 2/3 of the two-humped Bactrian camels in the world. It is a gentle, calm and extraordinary patient animal. Afterward, we will hike and climb up to the Singing Dune, one of the highest dunes. From the top of the sand dunes, the view of the desert is an awesome and amazing sunshine panorama of sand dunes. When it is windy some of the dunes give a strange sound like the engines of an airplane, for which they are named the “singing dunes”. The Khongoryn River flows along the sand dunes and gives birth to oases.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 150km, ~4hrs.
Day 3. Yol valley (Vulture’s valley)
After breakfast, we will go ahead to Yol valley (Eagle or Vulture valley) situated in “Three beauties of Gobi” Mt. National Park. This valley is originally established to conserve birdlife in the region. But it’s now more famous for its dramatic scenery in the middle of the Gobi Desert with a meter’s thick ice almost all year round, except late summer.
After lunch, we will visit Yol valley. There we will do hiking through grassy meadows, small streams, long and narrow valley with sheltered by high cliff walls, sunlight bouncing off amazing rocks, covered with wildflowers and Gobi plants. You may be lucky enough to spot wild sheep and goat, grazing high on the cliff walls.
After the visit and explore the national park, we will take one hour drive to the Dalanzadgad town and transfer to the Khan Uul Hotel.
Dinner and overnight at the Hotel.
Accommodation: Local Hotel. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Total distance: 220km, ~5.5hrs.
Day 4. Flyback to Ulaanbaatar & transfer to the hotel.
In the early morning, we will be transferred to the local airport for morning flight to Ulaanbaatar.
This flight takes 1.5hrs.
On arrival in the city airport, you will be transferred to the hotel.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 1280 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 870 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 750 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 695 pp|
|5 persons & up||INQUIRE|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist Ger camps – 2 nights,
Hotel in Dalanzadgad town – 1 night.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 3, Lunch: 3 and Dinner: 3
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- Internal flights: + included all tax, free luggage allowance is 15kg
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Camel riding – 1 hour,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (3x per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance,
- Excess luggage charges – 1.5$ per kg for internal flights.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- A deposit 20% of total cost is required to confirm this trip! Balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to the trip start date.
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September