Day 1. UB – Hustai National Park trip (Wild Horse Park)
- Your tour guide and driver pick you up from your hotel lobby at 9 am and drive out of the city to Hustai National Park. This area is home to the Mongolian wild horse known as Przewalski horse (takhi) with a unique landscape that features mountain and steppe.
- After check-in and lunch at Ger camp, we will drive for wildlife observation in southern valley of Ungut Mountain in the national park and to see Ungut, a monument ensemble consisting of man stones from the 6-8th centuries AD.
- Also, we will visit a local nomadic family to experience firsthand how people live in the countryside and their lifestyle which has not changed for centuries. Here you can help the herders with their daily tasks to get an idea of how nomadic people live alongside their livestock.
- Continue to explore the national park and hiking to see the wild horses in their natural habitat. Seeing these truly wild horses which numbered in the hundreds of thousands of years ago, will make you feel like you have traveled thousands of years back in time. There is a great opportunity to take a photo of these endangered horses. If you are lucky, you can see fox, deer, roe deer, eagle, and more animals and bird…
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Lunch and Dinner. Total distance: 180km, ~4.5hrs.
Day 2. Bogd Khan Mt. National Park & Manzushir – Terelj National Park trip
- In the morning at 9 am, our tour will continue to Terelj National Park, which is one of the most visited national parks in Mongolia. On the way, we will visit Manzushir Monastery ruins in Bogd Khan Mt. National Park. The monastery had over 20 temples and was once home to at least 300 monks but was destroyed in the 1930s. The main temple has been restored and converted into a museum.
- Upon arrival at Ger camp, which is located in the most spectacular spots in the Terelj National park, we will check in the Ger camp and have lunch. Then we will explore the national park and take a short drive to see Turtle Rock – interesting rock formation looking like a turtle and visit Ariyabal meditation temple – surrounded by scenic mountains with massive rock formations and sits at top of the mountain. From the top, you can enjoy the breathtaking view overlooking the Terelj National Park.
Accommodation: Tourist Ger Camp. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Total distance: 200km, ~4.5hrs.
Day 3. Terelj – Genghis Khan’s Statue Complex – Ulaanbaatar
- Free at leisure until lunchtime at the Ger camp. You can go hiking and walk around the camp. Around the area is great for flower watching.
- After lunch, we will take a short drive to visit the “Genghis Khan Statue Complex” which is currently the biggest (40m high) equestrian statue in the world. There is a recreation area, restaurants, and souvenir shops occupy the base structure.
- From here, you can ascend to the head of the horse using an elevator. There you have a good panoramic view over the complex area and the scenery beyond.
- Return to the city. Arrive at the hotel around 5 pm.
Meal: Breakfast & Lunch. Total distance: 90km, ~3hrs.
Tour Price & Booking
|Travelling Party||Tour Price: per person (pp)|
|1 person||US$ 795 pp|
|2 persons||US$ 490 pp|
|3 persons||US$ 410 pp|
|4 persons||US$ 370 pp|
|5 persons & up||US$ 340 pp|
|Remark: The prices above are based on two persons sharing one room/Ger. If you prefer a single room/Ger on your own, please pay single room supplement. It is no additional charge in case triple share.|
Inclusions & Exclusions
What’s included in the Price?
- Private English-speaking tour guide,
- Accommodation based on twin share:
Best Tourist Ger camps – 2 nights,
- All meals as specified in the itinerary: Breakfast: 2, Lunch: 3 and Dinner: 2
- All relevant transfers and transportation with private vehicle,
- All entrance fees as listed in the itinerary,
- Complimentary drink water during the tour (2x bottle per day per person),
- 4 % of total payment as a bank charge for online payment with Master/Visa credit cards,
- All government, local taxes, and service charges
What’s Not included in the Price?
- Accommodation in Ulaanbaatar
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tipping and other personal expenses
- Travel insurance.
Just a Kindly Reminder
- A private tour guide and a driver with an air-conditioned car will serve only for you. No other travelers will join in your group.
- This tour package can be fully customizable to fit your travel plan.
- Full payment is required to confirm this trip!
- All rates on MongoliaShortTours.com are final! So, you can book this trip Now, if you have more than 72hours before the departure date.
- A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept Master, Visa & American Express Credit Cards. No additional charges!
- If you have any questions and requests regarding this trip, please click on this link: “Inquiry”
- You are also welcome to call us at +976 70001160
- When your booking is confirmed, you will get a confirmation email, which includes the confirmed detailed itinerary.
- On the morning of your tour departure date, our tour guide will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel, holding a sign with your name and our company logo on it.
- Enjoy your Mongolia Trip with us!
FAQ / Help
A booking form & online payment link: Book Now
- We accept online payment with Master/Visa cards only for deposit to confirm the trip. No additional bank charge for the online payment!
- The cash payment is accepted in special cases only.
Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive cancellation request:
- No less than 30 days prior to scheduled departure date: 10% of the full payment per person.
- 30 to 15 days prior to scheduled departure date: 20% of the full payment per person.
- 14 to 7 days prior to scheduled departure date: 50% of the full payment per person.
- 6 to 0 days prior to scheduled departure date: 100% of the full payment per person.
We strongly recommend you protect yourself by purchasing travel insurance.
Mongolia Short Tours Agency will not refund any losses due to missing or incorrect information.
The Ger Camp is a kind of hotel that serves customers with Gers instead of hotel rooms and always located at the best viewing spot. It’s most popular accommodation type for countryside trip in Mongolia that consists of 30-40 Gers (yurt), a restaurant and some entertainment facilities. More information: Tourist Ger Camp
During your trip in Mongolia you will be served mostly with European style meals and sometimes you will have authentic Mongolian meals.
Lunches and dinners consist of 3 – 4 courses (soup or/and salad, main dish, desert) and bottled water.
If you require special meals due to religious, medical limitation and vegetarian food, please inform us so that arrangements can be made in advance.
> 1st best months: June, July and August.
> 2nd best months: mid of May and September